Scheduling your curriculum with TimeTabler
1 day (9:30-4pm) Market Harborough, £239+vat
This one-day course (typically second day of two days of training) is designed to allow users to understand how to schedule your curriculum in TimeTabler. Whether that is manually, interactively or fully automatic (or a hybrid of all three).
The course is designed for any level of timetabler using TimeTabler software to create the school timetable but we would strongly encourage that the Curriculum planning with TimeTabler course has been attended. The training day is designed purely around scheduling and not the setting up of the curriculum.
Laptops and training data are provided and the format of the day is very much hands-on. At MIST Services we appreciate that each school is ‘different’ and as such you can tailor the day to your type of school. Training data will be available for the following types of schools:
- 11-16 School (two-week timetable)
- 11-18 School
- International School (IB curriculum)
- Prep/Junior school
We recognise that one set of training doesn’t fit all, meaning you can opt for the most appropriate dataset.
We operate small groups of a maximum trainer to delegate ratio of 1:8 and you will receive a certificate of attendance. You will also gain access to the on-line course too so you can reference materials at your leisure so please ensure you use your email address when booking.
- Checking staff aren’t over-committed
- Trialling a year group
- Running of combing chart
- Running a conflict matrix
- Checking Part-timer compatibility
- Scheduling Fixed points
- Manually scheduling lessons
- Interactively scheduling your timetable
- Understanding the Move/Fit routine
- Understanding different Day block statuses (acceptable quality)
- Use of staff and class timetables
- Use of filters and the concentrate feature
- Scheduling Container blocks, consistent groups, simple blocks and pure classes
- Examining the quality of your schedule
- Analysis of split teaching
- What is an individual timetable
- What is a master timetable
- Changing the design of the printouts
- Running export to your MIS
- Checking the validations
- Receiving three Passes on the export!
I love timetabling, there is no other way to say it!
This one-day course will cover all aspects of scheduling. There are very few schools where you can press the ‘magic’ button have a coffee and voila your timetable is complete! As such we’ll discuss scheduling strategy, the different scheduling methods and the really important aspect of what to do if there is a problem!
Just remember an 80% scheduled timetable is just that! 20% is still to go and at times that’s where the hard work begins.
If you have any questions about the course just fill in the form below. Look forward to working with you.